Membership development is the lifeblood of Fraternities and Sororities. For chapters to survive, they must continually recruit new members and provide ongoing development for their active members. It is the charge of Fraternity and Sorority organizations to enhance the experience of new/prospective members and current members by providing on-going membership education and utilizing a values-based ritual program.
Chapters are required to:
1. Have all new and active members be currently enrolled Oregon State University students.
2. Report 100% of all members and new members on the approved reporting system offered through the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life.
3. Ensure all new member/membership intake activities reflect the values and policies of OSU and the fraternity/sorority community.
4. Prohibit alcohol at recruitment events, new member/pledge/associate/neophyte programs, activities or ritual events and ensure these events are facilitated in accordance with community and inter/national organization policies and values.
5. Prohibit all forms of hazing and provide one hazing prevention workshop in the academic year where 80% or more of chapter membership attends.
6. Complete and submit a membership intake form each term if the chapter conducts membership intake.
7. Require all new members attend the annual Fraternity & Sorority Life 101 program.
Chapters interested in requesting a hazing prevention workshop can sign up with Student Health Services through the link found below:
Student Health Services:
a. Hazing Awareness & Education Workshop