The Human Services Resource Center and HSRC Food Pantry is a student-fee funded office through the Associated Students of Oregon State University. Our goal is to lighten the burdens and remove the barriers imposed by poverty for our students, so they can devote themselves to a fruitful education. We provide subsidies, outreach, education, and referrals for services addressing poverty, hunger, homelessness, and financial insecurity. Members of the Advisory Board provide guidance, advice, ideas, strategic planning, and goals for the HSRC and HSRC Food Pantry.
The HSRC Advisory Board meets Thursdays from 9-10 AM on odd weeks in Avery Lodge 215. The HSRC Advisory Board voted on the HSRC 2019 FY budget package on 11/9/72017. Any individual can attend HSRC Advisory Board meetings and any student can vote on budget decisions.
Applicants to the Advisory Board must be able to make the following commitments:
- Service to the HSRC and HSRC Food Pantry for a period no less than one academic year.
- Attendance at bi-monthly meetings held from 9am-10am every other Thursday.
- Attendance at ad hoc meetings intended for training, budgeting, or strategic planning as agreed upon by the A-Board and the Human Services Resource Center Coordinator.
- Completion of the Advisory Board training packet during the first term of board service.
- Gaining and sharing with others an understanding of poverty and financial insecurity in a wider societal context as well as that of OSU's campus.
- Dissemination of information about HSRC and HSRC Food Pantry to members of our community.
- Participation in discussions regarding the future goals and plans of the HSRC and HSRC Food Pantry.
- Generation of ideas for improving current programs or creating new ones.
Preference will be given to students who have personal or professional background in human services, poverty, and financial and food insecurity.
Applications should consist of a resume and cover letter describing why the applicant wishes to be a part of the A-Board, and what the applicant feels they will contribute. Applications can be emailed to Nicole Hindes at email@example.com. Applicants may be interviewed by the Board after their application has been reviewed. Please contact us to apply.
Current Advisory Board Members
|Nicole Hindes||Human Services Resource Center Assistant Director|
|Jia Wu||Board Chair|
|Brittney Chesher||Vice Chair|
|Nancy León||SFC Liason|
|Carmen Wilson||Board Advisor, HSRC GTA|
|Kathryn Magura||UHDS, Assistant Director of Operations|
|Alex Axelsson||Disability Access Services, Mgr-Assistive Technology|
|Kevin Grant||Community Member, Jackson Street Youth Services|
|Daniel Dietz||Office of Advocacy, Student Advocate|