Financial instability can impact many areas of one's life, including access to food, textbooks, housing, health care, hygiene products, and more, Ultimately, it can interfere with student achievement. Our mission at the HSRC is to help students who are struggling to meet their needs by offering direct service, education, community outreach, and referrals to many university and community resources.
- Our Food Pantry offerings include fresh and frozen vegetables, meat and other proteins, snacks, and many other foods. We strive to offer foods that will meet dietary as well as cultural needs and preferences.
- Toiletries and feminine hygiene products are available in the office and at our Food Pantry services.
- The Student Health Insurance Subsidy helps offset the cost of university health insurance. Click here to fill out an application. (Currently Suspended)
- We provide resources and referrals for students looking for medical and dental care, as well as other forms of wellness care and preventative assistance.
- HSRC works in partnership with OSU's Counseling And Psychological Services (CAPS) and Student Health Services to provide full support to students who find themselves struggling.
- The Dinner on a Dime program provided attendees with a hot dinner, and featured speakers who taught students how to eat healthfully on a budget.
- HSRC staff members serve on campus committees such as the Healthy Eating Committee, and the Student Health and CAPS Advisory Boards.
Please come to our office for more information and speak to our staff members for assistance.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for further information.