How to Find Your Textbooks at a Price You Can Afford...
- Log in to myOSU
- Click on the Student tab near the upper center of the page.
- Click on My Textbooks at the far left under My Student Stuff.
- Select your term.
- When redirected to the OSU Beaver Store, click the big green button in the pop-up box that says Begin Price Comparison.
- Compare Prices! Scroll all the way down, and click the gray View More Offers button if it shows up.
- Make sure to check the New, Used, Rental, and Digital tabs (at the top, to the right of the options “From the Web”)
- Search online using the textbook’s title or ISBN.
- Remember that literary and other classics are often available for free online, at websites such as Gutenberg.org, openlibrary.org, read.gov, and many others.
- Check to see if your textbook is in the Library’s Course Reserves by going to http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/reserves
- Make plans to get the textbook from HSRC’s Textbook Lending Program. (Limited inventory.)
- Buy used books early to get the best prices.
- Make friends with your classmates, and arrange to share a book. Plus…you’ll have yourself a study buddy!
Confused? Call us at the HSRC! 541-737- 3747. We’re happy to help.