How to Find Your Textbooks at a Price You Can Afford...
Explore the OSU Bookstore
- Log in to myOSU
- Click on the Student tab near the upper center of the page.
- Click on My Textbooks at the far left under My Student Stuff.
- Select your term.
- When redirected to the OSU Beaver Store, click the big green button in the pop-up box that says Begin Price Comparison.
- Compare Prices! Scroll all the way down, and click the gray View More Offers button if it shows up.
- Make sure to check the New, Used, Rental, and Digital tabs (at the top, to the right of the options “From the Web”)
Explore the OSU Valley Library
- Check to see if your textbook is in the Library’s Course Reserves by going to http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/reserves
- In the drop-down menu that says "OSU Course Reserves", you can also select "HSRC Textbook Lending Library" to see which textbooks are available for free through the HSRC's Textbook Lending Program (Limited Inventory).
- Search online using the textbook’s title or ISBN.
- Remember that literary and other classics are often available for free online, at websites such as Gutenberg.org, openlibrary.org, read.gov, and many others.
- Buy used books early to get the best prices.
- Make friends with your classmates, and arrange to share a book. Plus…you’ll have yourself a study buddy!
- Ask professors if they have copies
- Ask students who have taken the course if they still have their textbooks from the course
Confused? Call us at the HSRC! 541-737- 3747. We’re happy to help.