The Childcare and Family Resources Office supports parents at OSU by advocating for student parent needs as well as the needs of all parents and caregivers on campus and by providing direct services, child care and other family centered resources in support of a parent's academic and professional success.
- Continued funding of free drop-off child care for student parents, one of the first university programs of its kind in the nation.
- Highest use to date of our free drop-off child care service – on average served 76 student parents per term.
- Continued and increased student-fee funding for child care subsidies ($65,000 dispersed) demonstrating ongoing commitment of OSU students toward the support of student parents.
- Administered the FriendRaisers Faculty/Staff child care subsidy, serving 9 families with a total disbursement of $12,500.
- Served nearly 30 mothers, both students and faculty/staff, through our network of lactation rooms – nearly 3x the use from the previous year.
- Wrap around services for student families receiving services through HSRC, VA and CFR.
- Bring Your Kids to Campus Day, a campus wide event which drew 106 University parents and their children to share in the experience of family friendly activities focusing on healthy eating and physical exercise.
- Joy Drive – Due to the generosity of 30 departments/individuals/alumni from across campus, 33 student parents received wrapped gifts for their children and/or family during the holiday season.
- Through OLV/Library drop-off child care, provided students the opportunity for paid employment in an area directly related to their interests and academic program; an opportunity to gain hands on, professional experience in a child care setting.
- Partnered with the Recreational Sports staff around the planning and development of a second Our Little Village site at the Dixon Recreation Center.
- OSU Student FAFSA Filer with Children (2000 - 2012)
- Graduate Student as a % of Applicant Pool (2007 - 2012)
- International Students as a % of the Child Subsidy Applicant Pool (2007 - 2012)