The Childcare and Family Resources office supports parents at OSU by advocating for student parent needs as well as the needs of all parents and caregivers on campus and by providing direct services, child care and other family centered resources in support of a parent's academic and professional success.
- Opened second Our Little Village free drop-off child care site in the Dixon Recreation Center, OLV/Dixon, demonstrating continued student support of this important campus service to students with children.
- Highest use to date of the Our Little Village free drop-off child care sites serving 130 student-parents and 169 children with an average of 938 hours of care provided per term.
- Continued and increased student-fee funding for child care subsidies with $79,000 distributed to 82 student-parents (43 Undergrads, 29 Grads, 5 Veterans, 29 International - approximate as students may have multiple designations) with over $1 million in subsidy dollars disbursed since 1996.
- 72 student-parent families served by our nationally accredited campus child care center, Beaver Beginnings.
- Presented, in collaboration with Human Services Resource Center and Veterans Resources, "Overlapping Identities: Teamwork to Meet Convergent Needs" at the annual NASPA Conference.
- Adminstered the Friend-Raisers Faculty/Staff child care subsidy, serving 7 families with a total disbursement of $8000.
- Served over 50 mothers, both students and faculty/staff (including five campus visitors) through our network of lactation rooms - a 75% increase from the previous year.
- 2nd Annual Bring Your Kids to Campus Day, a campus wide event (coinciding with the National Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day), in which student-parents and all parents in the University community are welcomed and encouraged to share with their children the value of an education in a hands-on, interactive day. One hundred forty-two students, faculty and staff with children attended (35% increase from previous year) one or more events/offerings with close to 200 children attending throughout the day.
- Joy Drive – Due to the generosity of 28 departments/individuals/alumni from across campus, 47 student parent families and 87 children received wrapped gifts during the holiday season.
- Through OLV/Library and OLV/Dixon free drop-off child care sites, CFR provided students the opportunity for paid employment in the area directly related to their interests and academic program; an opportunity to gain hands on, professional experience in a child care setting.
- Planned and executed several significant campus child care center facility improvements: installed new flooring throughout 50% of the center, purchased and installed a new outside play structure, renovated landscape on the north and west sides of the building, placed new signage
|OSU Student FAFSA Filer with Children (2000 - 2012)
||Graduate Student as a % of Applicant Pool (2007 - 2012)
International Students as a % of the Child Subsidy Applicant Pool (2007 - 2012)
- 75% Increase in Mothers Served through Lactation Rooms
- 130 Student parents served at Our Little Village free drop-off child care sites
- 143 University Parents and Children at Bring Your Kids to Campus Day
- $79K Child Care Subsidies Dispersed from Student-Fee Funding