Tips to Avoid a Tough Spring Break

Image of a household window.

    • Prevent window shopping: close curtains or blinds to protect your personal belongings
    • Big ticket items: remove laptop, gaming systems, jewelry, etc. from residence and car
    • Spring Break selfies: wait to post selfies until you are back in Corvallis to avoid advertising your vacant home
    • Light up your living room: connect an auto-timer plug to an interior lamp
    • Lock it up: plan with your roommates about locking doors, windows, and garage before laving town
    • Prevent a mountain of mail on your doorstep: use the free hold mail service offered by USPS
    • Don't trust the garden gnome: burglars know all the hiding spots, keep your key to yourself

    The Student Conduct and Community Standards office is the central coordinating office for student conduct related matters at Oregon State University.  SCCS supports the mission of the University by providing programs and services designed to meet the educational and developmental needs of students in relation to community standards, civility, accountability, diversity, respect and truth.

    Choosing to join the Oregon State University community obligates each member to a code of responsible behavior which is outlined in the Student Conduct Code. The assumption upon which this Code is based is that all persons must treat one another with dignity and respect in order for scholarship to thrive.

    If you have received an email stating you allegedly violated the Student Conduct Code visit The Conduct Hearing Process.

    If you wish to appeal a decision that has been made by faculty, staff or a University Administrator visit Student Appeals and Grievances, review the Appeal Forms or visit the Office of Advocacy, who can assist you with the appeal process. 

    If you are an instructor and need to report an incident of Academic Misconduct go to the "Faculty & Staff" tab and choose the option "Academic Misconduct Reporting Forms". If you are an instructor and need to report an non-academic incident you can file a Public Incident Report.