The Student Conduct and Community Standards office supports the mission of the University by providing programs and services designed to meet the educational and developmental needs of students in relation to community standards, civility, accountability, diversity, respect and truth.
Specifically, Student Conduct and Community Standards:
- is part of the Office of the Dean of Student Life and supports OSU's Shared Student Values.
- may initiate the conduct review process in response to information received indicating that a student may be responsible for violations of the Student Conduct Code.
- assists faculty and staff with the management and support of disruptive or distressed students.
- is the central coordinating office for student conduct related matters at OSU.
- assists students to think out, evaluate and become accountable for personal and organizational behavior.
- assists students in developing a plan of success to make things as "right" as possible, repairing any harm caused by their behavior or poor choices.