National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is a collaborative organization of nine historically African-American, international Greek-lettered fraternities and sororities. The nine NPHC organizations are sometimes collectively referred to as the “Divine Nine“. The member/partner organizations have not formally adopted nor recommended the use of this term to describe their collaborative grouping. NPHC was formed as a permanent organization on May 10, 1930 on the campus of Howard University, in Washington, D.C and was incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois in 1937.
Today, the primary purpose and focus of member organizations remains camaraderie and academic excellence for its members and service to the larger communities. They also promote community awareness and action through educational, economic, and cultural service activities.
Want to get involved?
Becoming a member of NPHC could be a great way to meet new friends and find a brotherhood/sisterhood at OSU. Contact the CFSL at [email protected] to learn about the next steps!