Corvallis Community Relations enhances neighborhood livability and inspires a shared responsibility for creating a healthy, inclusive OSU-Corvallis community. Corvallis ranks among the nation's top college towns and best places to live. Through collaboration, communication, education, and celebration, we cultivate C.A.R.E. to help keep it that way.
Community - Awareness - Responsibility - Empathy
Our office educates students about university policies and local ordinances, strengthens neighborhood relations through effective communication and collaboration with community-university stakeholders, and promotes a sense of belonging and a commitment to civic responsibility and social awareness that fosters student achievement, health and wellness, and overall happiness for everyone living in our neighborhood.
- Developing student awareness of Corvallis community values
- Create valuable partnerships with community stakeholders to achieve shared or mutually agreed upon results.
- Build awareness, visibility and messaging that demonstrates Oregon State’s commitment and involvement in community relations activities that foster increased community and neighborhood livability.
- Collaborate:Establish synergistic Community-University partnerships with key stakeholders
- Educate:Implement programming to inform off-campus students of city ordinances, tenant rights, conduct processes and the value of positive civil behavior.
- Communicate:Build and restore internal and external communication channels to effectively disseminate information and liaise with off campus living groups.
- Celebrate: Highlight substantial contributions of OSU and its student's to the local community.
This website will be continually updated as we further develop Corvallis Community Relations, so please check back for further information. If you have information to add to this site, or would like to report incorrect or missing information, please contact us using the above email address. Thank you very much.