You may use your VA educational benfits at up to two schools at once.  This is normally done between a university and a community college, but there are some cases that you can use your beneft at two universities at once.  If you are not sure, please contact the OSU Veteran Certifying Officials and ask the question.

In order to do this, you must complete a Parent School Letter  every term that you have classes at both schools.  Fill out the form, review it with your OSU Academic Advisor, and have them sign it.  The advisor is verifying that the courses are equivelent and that they are required by your degree program.  Turn in the completed form to the OSU Veteran Certifying Officials, they will take care of certifying you for your OSU courses, and will forward the form to the other school so that they can certify you there.  

 Requests submitted without the full contact information of the other school's certifying official will not be processed.

This Parent School Letter must be completed every term that you are taking courses at multiple institutions.

The Parent School Letter does not transfer your State of Oregon or OSU specific veteran connected benefits that you are using at OSU, you need to apply for them seperately at the other school if they are offered.


Eligible Benefits

Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Veteran-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35), and Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31).