Veteran's Affair: Montgomery GI Bill

Step One: Apply to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for your education benefits. If you are a Servicemember or a Veteran you need to go to VETS.GOV to complete your application.

Step Two: Provide a copy of your VONAPP and subsequent Certificate of Eligibility to the OSU Veteran Certifying Officials.

Step Three: Select a major (not UESP) by the time you reach junior standing (90-134 credits earned). The OSU Veteran Certifying Officials will certify your enrollment to the VA.

Step Four: On the last calendar day of the month, you must verify your enrollment to the VA via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response line at 1 (877) 823-2378.

Monthly benefits are paid directly to you to use at your discretion. If your enrollment has been certified 30 days prior to the start of the term, the first benefit should be expected to arrive in the month following the first full month of school. For example, if you start school in the fall, your first benefit should be expected to arrive in November.